This report authored by Tekgem and published by NEPIC, discusses the key risks and challenges facing the process industry that were pinpointed by NEPIC members, government regulators and industry leaders in 2018. In addition, the report offers recommendations on how to defend against and respond to IACS cybersecurity threats.
Since the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) released operational guidelines for the Cyber Security of Industrial Automation and Control Systems (IACS), this is now being followed up with on-site cyber security inspections at plants across the country. Throughout that time the team at Tekgem has been working with a number of customers in the process industry to ensure they have an effective IACS cyber security framework which meets the requirements for HSE’s cyber security inspections.
With that in mind, Tekgem’s IACS cyber security experts discuss how to implement a successful IACS cyber security program. This webinar will help you to:
- Recognise what IACS standards are out there, which ones to choose and why
- Learn why it’s important to have a cyber security management system with associated policies and procedures
- Set a clear and achievable cyber security roadmap, that is tailored to your organisation and people
- Understand what the HSE is looking for when they come to audit your IACS cyber security
Tekgem’s cybersecurity experts outline the challenges faced with deploying security updates to critical infrastructure and how to effectively deal with them to reduce risk and impact on IACS infrastructure. This webinar will help you to:
- Identify the risk of, ‘not patching your systems vs patching your systems’ in light of recent high profile bad patches (i.e. Meltdown & Spectre)
- Recognise why it isn’t good enough to rely solely on vendor instructions when rolling out security updates
- Understand Microsoft’s new servicing model, how this impacts current patching procedures and how to adapt
- Create an effective and efficient test and deployment routine for keeping your environment secure
Effective and efficient disaster recovery is one of the biggest challenges facing engineers, site directors and IT professionals looking to maintain business continuity, reliability, and performance of Industrial & Automated Control Systems (IACS). Tekgem’s cybersecurity experts will discuss their experiences in dealing with a real-life IACS disaster scenario where there is a requirement to carry out on-mass system restores within a defined SLA.
This webinar will help you to understand:
- What defines a disaster and the issues faced when working in what is a very stressful environment
- The challenges you’ll face when restoring your IACS systems that run your plant
- Why it is so important to have an incident response team with defined roles and responsibilities
- What you must, should and could be doing to prepare for a disaster
- Working together to prepare for and manage a real-life IACS disaster recovery incident